Re: [OM] Developers - AAAAARRRGGGHH !

Subject: Re: [OM] Developers - AAAAARRRGGGHH !
From: "John Hudson" <13874@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2002 14:18:58 -0400
----- Original Message -----
From: "tOM Trottier" <Tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, 05 December, 2002 02:44 PM

I do the same as Ian, but I check the prints before leaving the
establishment (a drugstore). If prints are too yellow (quite often when
I use available light), or don't reflect what the negs look like, I go
to the person at the counter, and they always send them back for free
proper reprinting. They usually charge 5.99 Canadian for developing and
processing for 24, with an extra set of prints for just 99 cents.

I don't use 1-hour processors generally. I figure big labs have better
quality control.

I use Wal-Mart to develop negatives and to make cheap machine prints from
which I can pick and choose the ones I want enlarged. The enlarging gets
sent to a pro lab. To date Wal-Mart has not fouled up getting my negatives
developed and am left wondering why I should take them anywhere else. What's
more, Wal-Mart is the pick up point for Kodachrome slide film  now that the
pro labs [at least in Vancouver, BC and also out here in New Brunswick] have
given up sending the film for processing.

jh