[OM] f1.0 vs. f1.2

Subject: [OM] f1.0 vs. f1.2
From: "Bill Pearce" <bspearce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2002 17:06:17 -0600
I have the 1.2, but not the Noctilux, as I would have to sell my house. I
would guess that the bokeh on the Noctilux is noticeably better, as it is,
1. about the cost of the Zuiko and the camera it came on and the car you
drive, and, b. that is, after all, what Leica is all about. I don't find the
bokeh on mine disgusting, but it isn't by any means perfect.

Where I do have a problem is making these judgements on the basis of a photo
on the web. Any time something is scanned and unsharp masked, it will become
more harsh, the degree depending on the amount of USM. Also, it can't be in
any lens' favor viewing a 72 dpi scan.

Bill Pearce