Re: [OM] Sharpening, was shooting at f1.2 or f1.0

Subject: Re: [OM] Sharpening, was shooting at f1.2 or f1.0
From: Chris Barker <imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 16:49:36 +0000
Thanks CH.  I use completely different numbers at the moment.  I will
try the minimalist approach.

Chris

At 22:04 +0800 06/12/02, C.H.Ling wrote:
For unsharp mask, the radius is the parameter you have to choose first. The
smaller the number the more natural look you will get, usual value may be
around 0.3 to 0.5 for viewing on monitor, bigger value is needed for higher
resolution or larger file printing output, you also need higher value when
the picture is seriously out of focus, which can sharpen the "rough"
details.

The "Amount" can be set according to the sharpness intensity you needed,
move the slider to get the effect you wanted.

Threshold is set to 1 or above if you want to reduce the noise generated by
sharpening. But a too high value will cause uneven (selecting) sharpening
effect that make the picture look unnatural.

C.H.Ling

--
?
~~~~~ ><>