[OM] Rejoining

Subject: [OM] Rejoining
From: Matt BenDaniel <matt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 06 Dec 2002 13:27:13 -0500
Hi,

I'm rejoining the OM list. I was on it for a while during 2000-2001. When I
started to do astrophotography, initially I decided on the OM system. Starting
two years ago, I switched most of my work to Pentax 67, but I still use OM
equipment and really like it. Please see my web site for a gallery of
astrophotos. If anyone has questions about using OM equipment for
astrophotography, please ask me. I've published articles and images in Sky &
Telescope magazine and other leading magazines and books.

The main reason I've rejoined is to float some Oly items for sale. I know it is
less risky to exchange equipment with the knowledgeable members of this
community, than it is on eBay. With the poor economy and pending xmas season,
is this a bad time to sell this stuff?

I'm writing a web page now to describe an 80mm f4 auto macro I want to sell.
I've been considering parting with a 250/2 in EX+ condition or thereabouts.

BTW these two items already for sale on eBay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3344&item=1943437596
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3344&item=1943614784

If anyone here makes an attractive private offer, I would cancel either of
those auctions.

I have a Sigma 16mm f2.8 that I don't want to sell, but I'd consider upgrading
to a pre-owned Zuiko 16mm, if anyone recommends that for astrophotography.
--
Matt BenDaniel
matt@xxxxxxxxxxxx