[OM] Re: What's your standard setup?

Subject: [OM] Re: What's your standard setup?
From: "CyberSimian" <CyberSimian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 22:27:20 -0000
----- Original Message -----
>Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2002 21:54:24 +1300
>From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: [OM] ( OM ) Re: What's your standard setup?

>I know the question wasn't directed to me, but I am a strong supporter of
>this lens.

One disappointing aspect of the 35-105mm zoom is that it is the lens with
the most horriblest (**) aperture ring of any Zuiko.  I got my mint sample
via Ebay, but prior to that I examined two others in a shop, and all three
had this horrible aperture ring.  It feels as though the aperture ring is
full of grit and in need of a generous squirt of WD40.  As all three samples
exhibited this characteristic, I surmise that this is normal for the
35-105mm Zuiko.

-- from Cy in the UK

(**)  The grammarians among you will have noticed that "most horriblest" is
a double superlative, and therefore grammatically incorrect.  However, even
Shakespeare used double superlatives on occasion, for dramatic effect (see
"Hamlet").