Re: [OM] OM vs. Leica

Subject: Re: [OM] OM vs. Leica
From: Albert <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 07 Dec 2002 16:00:56 +0800
Ha ha!

My girlfriend was telling me the story about how last time she went to visit her uncle, he had all the cameras on display on his shelf (again, he's a "see I have the most expensive camera on the block" first, before he is a photographer...) and so she commented on how many cameras he's got. His wife told my gf "well, why don't you ask him for one? Maybe he will give you one..." His face turned sour, as she picked up the Leica M3 and said, oh, the silver one's kind of cool. Needless to say, he'd sell his wife first before giving my gf an M3.

I'm not annoyed at the Leica cult, I'm annoyed at the fact he preaches "Buy this camera and all your photographic troubles will go away." It just so happens that he has attached it to the Leica name. I have a Minolta friend of the same mind set... That's the annoying part.

Albert