[OM] Local OLY Sighting

Subject: [OM] Local OLY Sighting
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 7 Dec 2002 11:00:53 -0800 (PST)
Couldn't believe my eyes.  At a school Christmas play last night
I was watching the "professional photographer" working.  Myself,
I had my trusty OM-2S with 35/2.8 and 100/2.8, no flash, just
Delta 400 pushed to 800.

Later, I ran into the guy doing all the photographing and
pritner dropped my teeth.  He was shooting with an OM-4.  His
setup was a little strange, though.  It took me a minute to
figure it out.  He had the T32 velcroed to a flat metal plate
mounted on the stroboframe.

A while back, he had busted the foot off of the T32, so he stuck
velcro on the bottom and made a matching plate that attached to
the Stroboframe.  He could easily and quickly pick the flash off
of the frame and slap it back on pointing another direction.
Great for bounce work.

I talked with him briefly and found out that he does part-time
"weekend warrier" work too.  Cool.  I was beginning to think
that I was alone here in mid-Iowa.

Anyway, one other thing of note:  I looked around at all the
other parents blasting away with yards of film.  There were only
a handful of digital cameras or even camcorders.  The majority
of cameras were SLRs.  Some pretty nice ones too.  Very few
point-and-shoots.  I almost felt like the poor cousin with my
minimalistic setup--no flash even.

It was refreshing to see, among my fellow parents, some
semblence of film loyalty.

Probably what it is, is that this is a private school and the
tuition is high enough that most of us can't afford digital
cameras and new computers.

AG-soccerdad-Schnozz