Re: [OM] Mind Bender (intermediate focal length?)

Subject: Re: [OM] Mind Bender (intermediate focal length?)
From: "Jim L'Hommedieu" <lamadoo@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 8 Dec 2002 11:03:44 -0500
Wow.  This is way more complex that my memory "stored" from physics class.
I guess I distilled it too far and stripped out complexity.  Thanks, John
for setting me straight.  Now I'll have some reading material for the week.
Is this phenomenon of magnification varying with the distance from the lens'
front node related to the focal length being different for a macro lens used
at 1:1 as opposed to infinity, then?

Lama