Re: [OM] Zuiko MC 100/2.8 vs. Zuiko 135/3.5

Subject: Re: [OM] Zuiko MC 100/2.8 vs. Zuiko 135/3.5
From: Thomas Heide Clausen <T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 8 Dec 2002 18:20:14 +0100
Hello Carlos,

I have all the lenses you mention, and my usage patterns end up such
that the 135/3.5 lives much of a shelf life, while the rest get lot
of exercise.

My main reason is, that I like the brighter viewfinder image of the
/2.8 and /2 much more than that of the 3.5 - and that the 135/3.5
seems a little less contrasty than I prefer.

Between the 100/2.8 and the 85/2, I probably use the 85 more than the
100 - I got the 85mm first, and have developed a preference for that
focal length.

The difference betweem the 100 and 85 is not really that significant,
and I think it would not make much sense to carry both. However
having both would allow you to argue that you need two seperate
kits....and thus justify another body, another wide angle, another
winder etc :)

--thomas

On Sun, 8 Dec 2002 14:35:22 +0100
"Carlos J. Santisteban Salinas" <cjss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello, again.
>
> I like my E.Zuiko 135/3.5 _very_ much; however, I think it's my
> only Zuiko SC which is seriously flare-prone. I'm afraid that there
> was _no_ multicoated version of this lens -- I've seen a 'Zuiko'
> one with reflections of _exactly_ the same colours. I've got also
> an MC 135/2.8, which performs great, but feels _much_ bigger and
> heavier than the 3.5.
>
> So I was thinking about an even smaller 100/2.8 (maybe MC). How
> does it compare against the 135?
>
> On the other hand, I like my silvernose 85/2 a lot. Does it make
> sense to get the 100/2.8 owning already an 85/2? The
> real-zuikoholic answer:'SURE!!!' :-)
>
> Thanks again,

> Carlos J. Santisteban
>
> <cjss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>