Re: [OM] Broni-blad

Subject: Re: [OM] Broni-blad
From: "Tim Chakravorty" <suchismit@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 8 Dec 2002 11:35:25 -0800
Thanks to all for your responses. Gary wondered why this question has been
posted on this list.
I *have* looked at all the threads on photo.net but lately they have become
very selective about
what posts they put in their archives section, and in the 'temporary' section I
stand no chance of
receiving any reponses in the 3 days that it will be there. Just wondered if
the list members had
any experiences of their own with either of the systems.

I don't plan on moving to MF just yet but I will do that sometime in the
future. After looking at slides
from both formats I believe there is simply no contest. Bronica by far gives
better value for the
money, but a  bargain 500CM/501CM will always be tempting. And as I read
somewhere," buy
the best you can , and you will cry only once."  A Bronica system can be built
up relatively much quicker
than the 'blad, but then will I wake up every morning and cry as to why I
didn't get the blad :) ? This of
course conflicts with what I said earlier about how I care more about image
quality than joy of ownership.

So these are just some thoughts going through my head.

Just for starters I am also considering a bargain Rollieflex/cord with a
Xenotar/Planar. Any thoughts
on that ? Are their shutters reliable after years of use ? And finally the age
old question..how do the
Xenotar/Planar compare with the Xenar/Tessar ?

-Tim