RE: [OM] OT-Bronica or 'Blad ?

Subject: RE: [OM] OT-Bronica or 'Blad ?
From: "Dave Shupe" <kc7iek@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 8 Dec 2002 10:11:30 -0800
I got into MF for $700 by going the Bronica route.  That covered an S2A
with 75mm F2.8 Nikkor, 150mm F3.5 Zenzanon, and a 200mm F4 Nikkor.  This
outfit takes WONDERFUL pictures.  I've blown up prints to 16x20 & 30x40
that are Beautiful.  One of my 16x20s sold at the Zoo Auction for $350.
So at least two other people think they are wonderful too ;)

If I would have waited until I could afford the Hassey (or even a newer
Bronica) I'd still be waiting to see the great images possible with the
6x6 format.  If you judge the cameras by the prints hanging on the wall
(for me that is the ONLY point of photography) I really don't think
anyone could pick the Bronica pictures from the Hasselblad pictures.

My vote (I just love to spend other peoples money) is to add up the
price of the Hassey gear you plan to buy over the next six months.  Take
all those dollars and buy more lenses with a Bronica outfit.  Just be
careful, cuz once you see those Big Bright Beautiful 6x6 slides (Fuji
Provia) you just won't look at 35mm the same way again.

Thanks - and let us know which way you take the 6x6 plunge.
Dave Shupe

Btw Olympus once made a 6x6.  I think one of our list members has used
it in the TOPE entries.