Re: [OM] [OT] teaching

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] teaching
From: Chris Barker <imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2002 12:46:58 +0000
Cc: DaEyeGuy@xxxxxxx
I agree Susan.

I did not have to take a drop in pay to take up teaching (I get paid
less now as a Flight Lieutenant, but my Wing Commander's pension
makes up the difference now that I am "retired"), so it was an easy
move financially.  But I did take a risk with my loss of rank and
status in the regular RAF.

And the ability to offer youngsters advice and your "creative input"
(such as it is with flying) has significant potential rewards.  Of
course, I have to be patient now...

Chris