Re: [OM] In praise of the OM-4Ti

Subject: Re: [OM] In praise of the OM-4Ti
From: Damon Wood <deewhy_au@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 13:40:23 +1100 (EST)
Dear OMer's,
The KISS principle applies so well to photography and the OM system encourages
that entirely (in due respect of the sophisticated technology-especially for
their time).
We are into a system that is so different to the others. The more I look into
the latest technology (both film and digi SLR's), the more comfortable i feel
with the system.
I like the fact that I am taking the pictures - I like complete control
(wherever possible) over the camera. I dont like a computer telling me what to
do limiting technical and creative aptitude.
THat doesnt mean I dont like digital. This process of imaging (photography is
only part of the process when correction is needed via software) has benefits,
particulary to commercial application where the product, via the notion of
'efficiency' reaches the end point with furious pace. Film simply does not
compete in that respect.
For me to switch to digital, OLYMPUS will firstly have to bring out an very
high MPXL interchangable SLR. Furthermore, digital to me means 'goodbye film'.
Therefore, high memory cards (1GB ~ 4 and higher) is when the cooky starts
crumbling. Not changing memory cards for weeks, month etc and only downloading
/ deleting select data to me is what digi should and soon will become.
For now, Ill use the OM system until film no longer exists. We have some time
yet. Using the system and a digital would be great. The mix will also sharpen
knowledge and various skills. Its exciting, but for now Im still a purist and a
livid OMer.
I ramble to much........., Merry Xmas everyone!
Choi,
Damon