RE: [OM] OM vs. Leica

Subject: RE: [OM] OM vs. Leica
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 01:14:06 -0500
At 00:20 12/10/02, you wrote:
Albert wrote on Monday, December 09, 2002 5:09 PM

Ahh...  But the problem is John, you are a photographer!!

Thanks, Albert. That's the nicest thing anyone's said to me for a long time!

John (who's still trying to find the secret of producing good OM pics).

Keep using the OM. Familiarity with the equipment and automatically correlating what you do with what you'll get will eventually occur. I suspect that's the case with your RF. One of the reasons I recommend never using new/unfamiliar pieces of equipment for critical work. I've violated this advice a few times when in a real bind (something familiar wouldn't do the job) and have been just plain lucky, but not without being bogged down by it and not without some angst awaiting film processing. I have several cameras I don't use that often and occasionally run a roll of film through them, or even dry fire them to stay familiar with the controls and handling.

-- John