Re: [OM] MF search

Subject: Re: [OM] MF search
From: Chris Barker <imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 06:46:27 +0000
In case it helps Albert, I have just looked at an old Amateur
Photographer which tested 3 MF cameras, all rangefinders: the Mamiya
7II, the Fuji 670 and the Bronica RF645.  The reviewer concluded that
the Fuji was too big and primitive and expensive; that he would buy
the M7 for its variety of lenses (and 35mm adaptor); but that the
RF645 had to be his serious recommendation - convenience, number of
shots on a roll and performance seemed to be his reasons.

Since you are looking at 2 completely different cameras (their only
common feature is the film that they use), I suggest that you decide
which format (square or not, panoramic or not (the 617 would help you
there), SLR or RF) you want and go from there.

Chris