Re: [OM] How to lock up mirror?

Subject: Re: [OM] How to lock up mirror?
From: "Richard F. Man" <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 23:07:46 -0800
At 10:50 PM 12/10/2002 -0800, Tal Lancaster wrote:
To try to maximize sharpness for pictures, I have heard people refer to
locking up the mirror in SLRs.  I am curious can this be done on the
OM2n and OM4T bodies?  If so how does one do that?

On the 4T, and probably on the 2N, you use the timer to get the mirror to go up 12 secs before it fires the shutter. I believe the 1 was the only OM that has a true mirror lockup.