Re: [OM] OT Paper for B&W Contact Proofs

Subject: Re: [OM] OT Paper for B&W Contact Proofs
From: John and Julie Ockman <jrockman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 12:55:30 -0500
Jamie,
 The only true contact printing paper that I know of that is still
available is AZO, by Kodak, and if I remember right it is only available
in Grade 3. Contact paper is slower paper. Do a google search of the
newsgroups, and you will find a lot of questions and answers about it
just like yours. If you want to really waste your time even more that
you do with this list :-), try getting the newsgroup:rec.photo.darkroom.
You can waste some serious time there. I used to read it, but this is
the only equipment list I read anymore.
 As for papers, " how much money you want to spend son?", 'cause to me
that is what is all about. Get out there buy some paper, and try it.
Take a couple of your favorite prints, and do them yourself in different
papers,grades, surfaces.Do you like cold or warmtones? Or are you one
who likes it all. See what works. You can narrow some down a little bit
by reading the manufactures descriptions, but you have to see to
understand. And no sigle paper ever made me happy for both cold and
warmtone.
 Fifteen years ago, I used to spend hours, and days unending in the
darkroom. If my wife thinks my problems of spending too much time on the
internet are bad, wait until I finish my darkroom in January. And my
budget for paper is going do go crazy. I have been buying some Kodak,
but I am deciding on the Ilford, and Orientals I want . And there are
others out there too.
Regards,
John