Re: [OM] A proposal for the OM-Pedia project

Subject: Re: [OM] A proposal for the OM-Pedia project
From: "John Cwiklinski" <plinkochips@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 10:30:54 -0800
Richard F. Man wrote:

So how do we manage the website? One model is the website maintainer
receives web page submissions from different people and organize
them. Depending on the skills of the maintainer and how much time he >or she can spend, this should work reasonably well.

Another model is the wiki-wiki model, where ANYONE can modify a
website. This has the advantages that any expert can change the
content and even reorganize it to whichever way they see fit.
<<

Whichever model you decide upon, may I suggest that appropriate web security be implemented in the beginning? There are people who attempt to copy a site, then attempt to sell what they copied in other arenas. I think the eSif site was subjected to this not too long ago.

John Cwiklinski