Re: [OM] Zuiko 50/ vs Noctilux again

Subject: Re: [OM] Zuiko 50/ vs Noctilux again
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 15:19:03 -0800
That's actually the most interesting review that I've read.  The three
comments at the bottom were the most interesting where he told why he sold
the lens:

1. Too heavy (I agree)
2. Not THAT much faster than a f/1.4 (I also agree, push your film another
stop)
3. The DOF at f/1.0 isn't that easy to manage, so why try.

This guy also seems to be into praising something, then selling it.  I
looked at his reviews of the Contax G2, Noctilux, Leica M6, CV 21/4, and
other CV gear.  He's sold them all after less than 18 months in favor of a
Mamiya M7II.  I think that he needs to take more pictures and deal with
less gear.

Skip

As someone once said you can spend $4000 on a new Leica and lens and get a small improvement in your pictures or you can spend $4000 on a medium format camera and get a HUGE improvement in your pictures.
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California