RE: [OT] L*I*A - Was [OM] Zuiko 50/ vs Noctilux again

Subject: RE: [OT] L*I*A - Was [OM] Zuiko 50/ vs Noctilux again
From: "om@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <om@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 21:40:38 -0500
This is my last Leica word in this thread (unless poked with a sharp stick).

Yes, the Noctilux blocks a lot of the VF, I'd estimate about 30%.  It's the
price you pay.....

I know many of M7 users who actually USE their cameras....A LOT.  It's
fabulous tool for the dedicated M rangefinder shooter to be freed from
constant recalculation of exposure in changing lighting conditions.  Yea,
it's the same basic technology that was used in the OM-2 back in 1978.   So
Leica's 24 years behind, what else is new?

I have an M3 too, which is a great tool, but it's not an M7, nor is an M7
an M3.

I'm ashamed that the Leica community has become the pervue of the radical,
stuck-up, cultish, old-snobby-men, clubby people that now poke their head
out.  And it's a shame that Leica has decided that it has to survive by
prostituting themselves, creating whatever special edition of their
products someone is willing to pay for.  OTOH, they still make a superior
product that is superbly designed for a small number of photographic tasks.
And they still make some of the best lenses in the world.  And the
dedicated photographers who use M cameras still find them very effective
tools and unlike anything else.

So I decided to invest in the Leica M system and it works well for me.  I
also decided in 1974 to invest in the fledgling Olympus OM-1 and it's
innovative OM-System.  Both systems serve me well for different purposes.

Skip