Re: [OM] Damned with faint praise?

Subject: Re: [OM] Damned with faint praise?
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 23:10:04 EST
In a message dated 12/11/2002 7:19:15 PM Central Standard Time,
bbbean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> So - how do you respond when you've been insulted or damned with faint
> praise

When the GO asked if you take any art pictures I might be inclined to say,
"You know I'm glad you asked that because I really think I do and I'd like to
get your opinion on the work I'm doing.  Could I drop a small portfolio off
later this week or would one day next week work better for you?"  Then I'd
shut up and see what he/she has to say.

If it is the clod that married your sister that says your camera sure takes
good pictures, you might say, "Has nothing to do with the camera and
everything do with the guy behind the camera.  Now will you get your damn
sweaty beer can off my coffee table."

Bill Barber