[OM] MF for travel

Subject: [OM] MF for travel
From: "William Sommerwerck" <williams@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 05:28:28 -0800
Obviously, only the photographer can decide whether the improved image quality
of MF outweighs all the obvious disadvantages of a larger format. (Don't forget
that National Geographic's photographic reputation was built on a base of 35mm
Kodachrome.)

Consider this... You don't go on vacation to do "serious" photography. If
taking great pictures _is_ the whole point of your travel, then MF makes sense.
If not, stick with 35mm.

If there were a pocket-sized 645 RF camera, I'd recommend buying one and using
it for shots that justify or require the larger negative. But I don't know of
one.