[OM] Mamiya MF vs. Olympus; overexposure; being good has nothing to do w

Subject: [OM] Mamiya MF vs. Olympus; overexposure; being good has nothing to do with it
From: "William Sommerwerck" <williams@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 05:59:18 -0800
"A Mamiya 7 and a couple of lenses is actually lighter and in a smaller kit
than my Oly stuff."

I assume this is a joke. When I worked for Bendix, I carried an OM-1 around
my neck and eight lenses + Vitovar 292 in a tiny case. The only way "a
Mamiya 7 and a couple of lenses" could take up less space would be if you
Olympus outfit included virtually every lens and accessory Olympus ever
made. Furthermore, my kit included lenses for which there is no Mamiya 7
equivalent.

One of the wonderful things about the OM system is that you can carry almost
"everything" -- you don't have to decide what you will or won't need.

"Are you're [sic] faces truly overexposed? That's hard to do with print
film."

It's easy to do with any film. Overexposure need not be absolute; it can be
relative to the rest of the scene.

"Does anyone want to buy me the 8/2.8 on KEH right now? I promise I've been
a good boy this year! ;)"

It's not a question of how good you've been, but how "good" you will be.
Next year, and a few years after that, in all likelihood.

I have one, but I wouldn't be willing to give it up unless I got enough to
pay at least six months of my mortgage.