Re: [OM] List archive search: broken?

From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 07:38:36 -0700
At 12:49 AM 13/12/2002 -0500, Jim L'Hommedieu wrote:
Is it me or is the Oly List archive search broken?  I tried to search for
info but it only appears to work on a single year.  If you select a
different year, it claims that no one mentioned the phrase "Series1 macro"
in that year, for example.

Is there a way to download or purchase entire years so I can research that
way?

Well, what I used to do was manually download a month or so of text stuff at a time, then use a program like UltraEdit to search for text strings in all of the text files simultaneously (it's good at that, since it was originally written for programmers who are forever doing greps etc. on multiple files within directories...)

A bit labour-intensive, but workable. Allowed me to search through all of 2000 looking for something.

Garth