RE: [OM] Doing your own B&W

Subject: RE: [OM] Doing your own B&W
From: "IanG" <I@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 16:02:54 -0000
Ah, so that is where I go wrong.. not a corkscrew after all then?

I just found the whole darkroom / bag / chemicals too fraught with
problems... it wasn't the contimating the dogs water so much as confusing
fix with G+T that (almost) finished me.

My recommendation is to join a school course in Photography rather than
immediately buying kit. You learn what kit you need, what chemicals you
need, how to use it all and how to produce your own print from your own
film. From there you can gauge whether the darkroom is for you and whether
it is worth the cost and space for the undoubted enjoyment of bringing a
picture to life. My local school hires out its darkroom and equipment when
not in use by students - I never had access problems.

Regards
Ian