[OM] OT

Subject: [OM] OT
From: "Timpe, Jim" <Jim.Timpe@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 08:20:29 -0800
Scored a fang for a friend last weekend.  Visiting one of my favorite pawn
shops (more from a social standpoint than anything else... they employ a
Rottweiler and a standard Poodle roaming the store as 'security', and I'm a
bit of a dog lover), and saw a fairly large piece of glass staring up at me
from the display case.  It was a C*non 200mm F2.8 lens... and the tag said
'125'.   I did my usual scrutinizing, and said I'd offer one hundred even
for it.  She agreed.

While ringing me up, she remarked to one of the owners (I was visiting with
them at this point) 'gee, we paid 200 for that one', and the gentleman I was
talking to said 'oh well, we'll make it up in volume'.

Anyway, he's my best friend, has a lovely collection of C*non (he uses an
A-1), and I can give him a bit of a Merry Christmas whilst enjoying a Fang
on his behalf.