[OM] I'm back and back foam

Subject: [OM] I'm back and back foam
From: jochen.schiffler@xxxxxxxxxxx (Jochen Schiffler)
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 18:52:18 +0100
Hi everyone!

It's been a while since my last contribution. I hope you're all well and had
more time to use your beloved equipment than I did. The exams in August were
and my new job is kinda time consuming and so I hardly took a shot in the
past few months.

Any issues I should be aware of?

Anyway, here's what made me resubscribe:
On the last shots I actually did with my OM-2S I recognised a reddish flare.
Some slides are more affected than others, some not at all. I would guess
it's light leaking into the camera back due to deteriorated back foam but
since I have no experience with those things I decided you guys should have
a look at it. You'll probably know better.

Here's a sample image: http://www.schiffler.net/stuff/om2s.jpg
The flare (or whatever you call it) is quite obvious at the bottom right.
Considering the vertical format and the flipped image the lens creates the
leak must be close to the viewfinder (IF I'm getting this right). BTW, it
was a bright sunny day when I took this image.

So what do you think and what should I do about it?

Thanx in advance!

Cheers

Jochen
Cologne, Germany

P.S.: Here are a few additional shots from the "Tag der Raumfahrt" (Day of
Spacetravel) at DLR (German Aerospace Center) near Cologne. Though not
specifically space related.

http://www.schiffler.net/stuff/tdr1.jpg
http://www.schiffler.net/stuff/tdr3.jpg
http://www.schiffler.net/stuff/tdr4.jpg