RE: [OM] Doing your own B&W

Subject: RE: [OM] Doing your own B&W
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 10:20:49 -0800 (PST)

>>Doesnt everyone just use a bottle opener to open the
>>cassette, or am I wierd? hehehe

I've been doing very well lately with using the "wet
film-leader" trick.  However, I couldn't, for the life of me,
get one stinkin roll of PanF to cooperate.  After a couple dozen
attempts I gave up and went with the tried-and-true brute force
method of removing the end off of the cassette.  Ended up that
the leader had a little kink at the very end (must have been
barely hanging onto the take-up spindle's slot) which prevented
it from finding its way out of the cassette.

So, yes, a bottle opener is a good thing to have around.
Besides, you need it for your favorite darkroom beverage anyway.

AG-Schnozz