[OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #3753

Subject: [OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #3753
From: Stephen Scharf <scharfsj@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2002 23:50:34 -0800

Pets are pest to photograph, cats doubly so. :-) Your average cat's
attention span is about half that of your average hyperactive kid[1],
and their attitute towards being photographed and especially towards
photographers is that of superior species. [2,3]

Just like in any other portrait assignment, you'll need to get to know
your subject quite well to produce good photos. In your case that might
be a bit hard, since you're allergic to cats, but maybe you can get some
info out of _the cat's_ human, i.e. owner.

I take portraits of my cats all the time. The key is to get far enough away from to let them behave like cats, and not so close they'll be relating to you, the photographer.

Here are a couple of my favorites:

The first was taken with my Oly C4040Z.
http://www.pbase.com/image/2417664

The second was taken with my OM-2S and 300 mm Zuiko.

http://www.pbase.com/image/1997611 (sorry for the el cheapo scan).

-Stephen.
--

2001 CBR600F4i - Fantastic!