[OM] Oh I am, huh, well take this!

Subject: [OM] Oh I am, huh, well take this!
From: Doggre@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 02:51:08 EST
Like old beer cans (flat top, cone top, etc.) "church keys" are now
collectible.  Pop and beer distributors used to give them away.  And grocery
stores, gas stations.  Royal Crown Cola, Squirt, Shasta, Hires, Pabst Blue
Ribbon, Schlitz, etc.  First one was supposedly invented in 1898 in
Baltimore, for Crown Cork & Seal (first wrinkle style caps resembled a crown,
hence the name "crown cap").

Many of the newer "micro brewers" have reverted to the old style cap.  I bet
some give away "church keys".  I'll have to investigate. :-)  And of course,
many imported beers still use the crown style caps.  Keep a church key in my
tool box; one on the refrigerator door; and one in the truck.  Swiss Army
knife in pocket (...Semper Paratus...).

 Nine of 'em, you-know-where, item 748131771

Rich