Re: [OM] Want to buy for China trip

Subject: Re: [OM] Want to buy for China trip
From: Albert <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 16:39:18 +0800
I purchased my Om1n, and the meter was bad, they shoved the wrong battery into it. I since had it converted. It came with a "Made in Japan" 50mm/f1.8 which took horrible pictures. I took it to a smith, and he cleaned the oil off the blades, and now it's snappy and razor sharp. I have a piece of lint in it, I don't know how long I'm going to let the lint sit in there before it bothers me enough to get it removed and cleaned, but so far, it doesn't seem to effect image quality any (that I can see).

The 50mm/f1.8 is seriously sharp. Took pics vs the Minolta 50mmf1.7, and the Leica 50mmf2.0. On the scenery, we couldn't tell the difference. On a tripod, it is that sharp... (at least mine is).

Albert