Re: [OM] Phototgraphing Christmas lights after dark

Subject: Re: [OM] Phototgraphing Christmas lights after dark
From: Roger Wesson <roger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 17:26:36 +0000
Hmmm, not sure about the filtration. I do quite a lot of city photography at night, and I never use filters. Over a 20-second or so exposure, the colour shift with Sensia 100 seems not at all undesirable or obtrusive to me and the results look quite natural. Therefore I would suggest using a daylight film and not filtering the result. That said I don't know anything about how Provia behaves over long exposures.

Roger

John Hudson wrote:

I want to take some night time photos of this city's very excellent displays
of outside Christmas lights using slide film, a tripod, and my OM4T.

I have a choice of using Fujichrome 64T Type II tungsten light film [64 ISO]
or Provia III 100F daylight film with a blue 80A filter making for a 40 to
50 ISO film after taking account of the 2.2 filter factor.

Is there any advice as to which film I should use?

John Hudson