Reading MS word documents [Was: [OM] FS list

Subject: Reading MS word documents [Was: [OM] FS list
From: "John Hudson" <13874@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 15:10:13 -0400
Cc: <T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
----- Original Message -----
From: "Thomas Heide Clausen" <T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, 16 December, 2002 02:53 PM
Subject: Re: [OM] FS list

Mike,

For those of us who do not have access to MS Word, could you be
convinced to produce your list in another (preferably open) format?

--thomas

Microsoft has a freeware reader program called "Microsoft Reader" you can
download from the MS site. This allows you to open and read MS Word
documents even though you do not have Word on your system. The *.exe file I
downloaded is called Wd97vw32.exe and according to the site details is good
from and including Word 97 right up to date. It worked fine with Mike's for
sale list and I do not have Word on my system.

John Hudson
Moncton, NB

On Mon, 16 Dec 2002 10:01:41 -0800
Mike <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I just updated my for sale list.
>
> http://www.interisland.net/watershed/mike/for_sale.doc
>
> Thanks for looking.
>
> Mike
>
> --
> Latitude 48° 32' North, Longitude 123° 7' West

  Thomas Heide Clausen
  Civilingeniør i Datateknik (cand.polyt)
  M.Sc in Computer Engineering

  E-Mail: T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx