Re: [OM] Portrait shots

Subject: Re: [OM] Portrait shots
From: "Gareth.J.Martin" <g.j.martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 08:28:12 +0000
I agree about the 50mm lens. I've always loved it, especially for landscape photography and astrophotography, however it seems to come a close second now that I've got the OM 50mm macro. It just seems so much nicer to use and optically, dare I say it, better (well to me anyway!).

Best Wishes,
Gareth.

Adam, wow!!

Not only do you inspire the use of B&W, but the use of the 50mm as well!

There is some barrelling I can see in the pic of your daughter, but I think that is a great effect for the closeup shots.. Excellent. I see the second eye is a bit blurry and so you shot it wide open and it's still fairly sharp and great lens characteristics..

I'm going to send this one to my friends..

Gareth.J.Martin

Research Postgraduate
School of Geographical Sciences
University of Bristol
University Road
Bristol BS8 1SS

g.j.martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
attackwarningred@xxxxxxxxxxx
eclipsing.binary@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

NE NLCOG - The amateur NLC observing group:
http://freespace.virgin.net/eclipsing.binary