Re: [OM] Digital vs. film

Subject: Re: [OM] Digital vs. film
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 17:27:36 +0800
I think it is not accurate to say digital is overpriced, overprice
usually means someone is making unreasonable high profit but I think
most manufacturers are not. It is the price you have to pay for any
front end products, just like the PDA. For the same money you will not
get the same quality result as film camera that is for sure. It is the
other features that you have to pay just like instant result and no
need for scanning when you want to email to a friend.

I think there are many list members have digital camera and some of
them have mentioned how they complement each other. For me digital is
mainly for family and ebay sales :-) Sometime for shows (fashion and
other expo) where it is just for fun and I can shoot a lot without
worry about film and processing cost. For serious works and travel
that is always the job of OM... and my young son will carry my once
very expensive toy (C2000) for snap.

C.H.Ling