[OM] get that staple out of my gut!

Subject: [OM] get that staple out of my gut!
From: "Bill Pearce" <bspearce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 13:44:45 -0600
"I would doubt that Playboy is shooting film anymore. In fact, I would
be quite surprised if they are...they are probably shooting 645 or
'Blad with a Kodak digital back."

We're talking of the centerfold, here. Never have. If they are using digital
now, it is just of the last six months or so. The centerfold has always been
shot on 8x10 chromes. The process begins with preliminary shots on 35, for
approval of the pose and setting by Hef himself. Then, the whole thing is
set up again, but with 8x10. the actual shooting takes about two days, but
of that I don't know how long the young lady stands there naked. It is,
depending on your outlook, impressively opulent, ridiculous overkill,
essential for the quality, archaic, etc. It amounts to about a 2x
enlargement, and I'll bet it is scanned on a drum scanner, not on a flatbed
with transparency adapter. It was and is, remarkable that this ever
happened, not to mention continues.

Bill Pearce