Re: [OM] Film vs. Digital in terms of $$$

Subject: Re: [OM] Film vs. Digital in terms of $$$
From: Jim Couch <JamesBCouch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 09:52:52 -0800
I am actually waiting or a number of things. One is for digital cameras that really utilize the inherent advantages. One advantage is the ability to make smaller more compact lenses. As most on this list know, rumor has it that Olympus is working on that front. The other thing is the ability to change the CCDs sensitivity. While this is available now, I see room for improvements in automation in this area. Imagine a camera where the photographer could select BOTH the "shutter speed" and the aperture and the camera would automatically set the "film speed". Talk about creative control!

The other thing I am waiting for is improved battery life. Since I do a lot of photography while on long cycle, climbing, or backpacking trips this is a MAJOR stumbling block with digital. With most digital cameras I would need a ton of batteries, and of course chargers don't help in this situation.

Jim Couch

Albert wrote:

alltogether as new models come out. That's one thing to consider... I'm waiting for digital to stablize in price before jumping in.

In the meantime, my OM is still on my side...

Albert