RE: [OM] RE: Visit to Oz (OT)

Subject: RE: [OM] RE: Visit to Oz (OT)
From: Marc Lawrence <mlawrence@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 10:35:47 +1100
> ll.clark@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ll.clark@xxxxxxxxxxx] wrote:
> >at 03:55 PM, Marc Lawrence <mlawrence@xxxxxxxxxx> said:
> >Doesn't mean I won't shout you all a beer though!
>                                       ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> Translate this, would you? Is it Aussie argot?

Should any zuikoholic make it all the way down to this
side of the hemisphere (where I promise you won't fall
off), then, despite the fact that I am not partial to
one, I will most assuredly be willing and pleased to
purchase an available, hop-related beverage of your choice
as a gesture of camaraderie (or several, but then it becomes
possible that you just *might* "fall off")...or any other
available, liquid refreshment for that matter.

FWIW, llclark (apologies for not knowing your name), I once
had a flying visit to your State, NJ, involved in a week of
dogshows (actually mostly in Montgomery, PA) taking photos for
myself and friends (one in particular who was showing her
Airedale). I wish I had much more "proper" time to visit the
area, as it was beautiful. I was in a carload of American
friends, and it amazed me that they flew throught stunning
Valley Forge at 60mph with nary a sideways glance, while I
drooled at the passing scenery and that strong, intangible
sense of "history" you get in such places...knowing that it
would be a long time before I'd get to see it all again and
actually *see* it properly [sigh].

"America, the beautiful" and all that, but places like Seattle,
Michigan (a few hours north of Detroit), Pennsylvania and New
Jersey showed me in brief that there's far more to it than the
LA/NY/Grand Canyon/Yosemite/Rockies that dominates the tourist
brochures I've seen. That, and the photos that events and
common interest have us all share here of our own places.

Cheers
Marc
Sydney, Oz