[OM] Re: On Re-using Our Beloved Zuikos For Digital

Subject: [OM] Re: On Re-using Our Beloved Zuikos For Digital
From: Mike Veglia <msvphoto@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 16:12:16 -0800
In a message dated 12/18/2002 Mike Butler writes:

<< Mike,

If  you can bear to part with it for a few days I'll volunteer the CAD
services to reverse engineer it and make the drawings available to the
list.  Maybe Belijan (sp?) Manufacturing would be interested if there
were enough firm orders... >>

Mike, I would be happy to. Except for one minor detail, I don't have one
yet. Norm does though ;-) (Big hint.)

It sounds like the source in Japan won't have any for a while
either...meanwhile Stephen Scharf and I are chomping at the bit for one to
see how well a D-30 and/or D-60 with Zuiko 350/2.8 (or Zuiko 300/4.5 for
that matter) combo really would work in real world field use.

BTW, I'll call you soon Mike. The whole family is sick right now and we're
trying to get well and sorta organized before the holiday. Keep me posted on
that San Jose area camera show...

It would not surprise me if Arcatech would do a short run of them if we
provided the CAD drawings...I can ask Scott and see what he says. I have to
believe this adapter would be at least as marketable as an OM to 4/3 adapter
he plans to do a prototype of, maybe even more so.

Mike Veglia
Motor Sport Visions Photography
http://www.motorsportvisions.com