RE: [OM] 4x5 Provia cross processed c-41 (semi-OT)(Rant)

Subject: RE: [OM] 4x5 Provia cross processed c-41 (semi-OT)(Rant)
From: "M. Lloyd" <royer007@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 20:45:26 -0800 (PST)
Heh. I thought I was lucky to get out there without
paying for the processing. I've had bad prints and
such which I've gotten redone but nothing close to the
shock of seeing what my 4x5 slides came out to. I was
really annoyed though that they didn't seem to have a
clue what Provia was! I mean geez, this may be
Rochester, home of Kodak, but at least I think they
should know Fuji film considering they are a pro lab!

I don't think I'll be going back there. If they had
made and honest, "Sorry we put it in the wrong bin and
the darkroom guy never sees what film it is anyway
since it's... well... dark. Here is a refund" I might
forgive. But they said, "Provia? Never heard of the
stuff." Note they had already processed 8 sheets
before well, and granted it was a different sales
clerk but it shouldn't have made a difference! I mean
they are a big pro film lab where I've seen people
walk out with stacks of processed orders 2 ft. high
and someone there doesn't know what Provia is! I mean
if I was a manager the first thing I would do for
employees working in a FILM PROCESSING LAB is get
everyone up to speed as to what films are what. Thanks
for clearing my head about this matter.

Mark Lloyd