[OM] I'm back!

Subject: [OM] I'm back!
From: "gries" <gries@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 09:08:01 -0600
Also lost to the bounce:

...here are some shots that I did recently at my parish.  After some
convincing from Ken Norton, I thought that I would try some PanF.  I am
very pleased with the results, and as always, scans can never do the
original prints justice.

I'd also recommend Ken's services as he takes great care in achieving
the best results.

The church is one of two basilicas here in Chicago, although our pastor
says that the other one isn't the *real* basilica. ;)  the church was
founded in the late 1800's and I believe the present structure was
completed in 1897. the servites are a small order founded in Florence in
13th century (more info can be found at: http://www.servite.org/ )who
have a special devotion to Mary.  The alter featured here is devoted to
the seven founders and is surrounded by frescos describing the church's
status as a basilica.  The fresco immediately behind the alter shows the
church during its inauguration by Pope Pius the V (I think).  If one
looks closely, many of the city's landmarks of the time, can be seen
depicted as the context of this looming structure - the Chicago board of
trade, Wrigley building, and industrial factories.

As always, any comments are most welcome.  Enjoy!

http://www.nothingrhymeswithorange.com/gries/OLS.htm

http://ols-chicago.org/index.htm