Re: RE: [OM] The Perfect Tripod?

Subject: Re: RE: [OM] The Perfect Tripod?
From: "Jim L'Hommedieu" <lamadoo@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 15:56:44 -0500
If you buy a used tripod, be careful.  I bought used 3030 legs without a
head.  I didn't check it out carefully until months later when I "found" a
used 3047 head.  One of the legs will slide right out instead of stopping at
the end of its travel.  The 3047 head says I'm perfectly level but if I
rotate the head and read it from the other side of the tripod, it says I'm
about 10 degrees off.  Maybe they drilled the hole crooked in the head?

Burned badly in Cincinnati
(It rhymes but I'm not smiling)

Lama