Re: [OM] I'm back!

Subject: Re: [OM] I'm back!
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 15:26:33 -0800 (PST)
>...here are some shots that I did recently at my parish.
>After some convincing from [AG Schnozz], I thought that I
>would try some PanF.  I am very pleased with the results, and
>as always, scans can never do the original prints justice.

Nor do the prints compared to the negs.  Those particular
pictures taken with the Tamron 80-200/2.8 with 140F are among
the very sharpest negatives I've ever seen.  I'm completely
convinced that lens is in the "world-class" category.  I believe
it "out-sharpened" every other shot on the roll taken with the
Zuikos.  Heresy?  Given that these were on PanF, I wouldn't
hesitate to blow them up to 20x30" or greater.  The 8x10s look
like they were taken by a medium format camera.

One could probably survive quite nicely with a Zuiko 35-80/2.8
and the Tamron along with a couple of specialty wide-angles.

>I'd also recommend [AG's] services as he takes great care in
>achieving the best results.

Thanks for the plug.  My turn-around time has been a bit long
this month due to my day-job and other holiday activities, but
the B&W services are available for any others.  Rates are
comparable to other labs, slightly more in some areas, less in
others.  But I offer things like push/pull processing at no
extra cost.  Also, I will only deal with Ilford films and
process them only in Ilford DD-X.  I print using Ilford Papers
and chemistry.  (Note a theme here?)

Contact me offlist for details, pricing, availablity, film
suggestions, etc.

If enough consistant business comes in, who knows, this might
become a full-time gig.  It's getting harder and harder to find
a lab that will do B&W anymore, much less correctly and not
everybody is able to setup a darkroom.

End of commercial message...

AG-Schnozz