Re: [OM] Why do photo teachers recommend Pentax?

Subject: Re: [OM] Why do photo teachers recommend Pentax?
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 08:56:52 -0800

Ah yes, I haven't seen a K-1000 much :-) My perception of the Pentax being about as small as the OM was in fact because when I bought my first SLR (a FM), one of the classmates had a ME-Super, I believe, and I couldn't believe that it was even smaller than my FM! The ZX-5 that I bought to "replace" the OM-4T, is not a whole lot bigger than the 4-T, even though it is a modern autofocus camera with builtin winder.

// richard <http://www.imagecraft.com>

Good luck with it. I have a friend who bought two and both have been to the Pentax service center. One has been in twice and needs to go again. Mostly intermittent metering problems. It is a beautiful little camera though. I was quite taken with it.
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California