Re: [OM] Portrait lens

Subject: Re: [OM] Portrait lens
From: "John Hudson" <13874@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 15:09:13 -0400
----- Original Message -----
From: "fischerchristian" <fischerchristian@xxxxxxx>
To: <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, 20 December, 2002 04:43 PM

How can a zoom lens be sharper than fix focal lens ?
Happy Christmas time for all.
Christian
Le ven, 20 déc 2002, vous avez écrit :
> Or you could get a Tamron 80-200/2.8.  It's actually sharper than
> either the 100/2.8 or the 85/2, and you can zoom it to either
> focal length, or anywhere in between, or shorter, or longer.

Would anyone be prepared to put up their two bits and show conclusively that
the Tamron zoom is sharper than an 85/2 and under what conditions? My MC
85/2 is a stunning performer but to have an off brand zoom outperfom it
would be a real eye opener.

jh