Re: [OM] Portrait lens

Subject: Re: [OM] Portrait lens
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 14:01:01 -0800
Christian -

My two cents worth: my 100/2.8 is amazingly sharp, with beautiful contrast
and clarity. I haven't tried the 85/2, but it's hard for me to believe it
could be better.
 - The 85/2 has the advantage of 8 blades vs 6 for the 100/2.8,
   so it will do soft backgrounds better.
 - The 100/2.8 will have slightly flatter perspective, which is often
   more flattering (esp. if the subject has a big nose).

Regards,
Andrew Gullen

I kind of agree even though I have the 85/2. Take a look at the portrait in the Bokeh event of the OM gallery done by James Kiker with the 100/2.8 shot wide open. You could not ask for more and the 100/2.8 is much cheaper than the 85/2.

http://www.millennics.com/olympus/tope/gallery.html
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California