Re: [OM] Portrait lens

Subject: Re: [OM] Portrait lens
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2002 18:57:31 +0800
In spite of the improve in technology of newer lens but many of them only
work for a good specification that will let them "tested" good in sharpness.
Some of them may not have other desired lens characteristic improved, such
as bokeh, color and tone rendering. My friend who is a N*k*n fan, he said
his 300/4 AF and 70-180 AF macro were not very good in color/tone rendering.
Another example was an older story, there is a common consent here (from
people uses different gears) that the Pe*t*x SMC has the poorest color
accuracy, on the other hand it was the best performer in flare resistance
(the SMC was famous for that in the 70's), everyone blame it was due to the
use of too many coating.

Actually, OM is not famous for high contrast and sharpness (the resolution
isn't bad for most lenses though) it is the beautiful color and natural
beautiful contrast that inspire me.

C.H.Ling