[OM] OM3 Spotted in UK

Subject: [OM] OM3 Spotted in UK
From: "CyberSimian" <CyberSimian2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2002 11:49:49 -0000
I was in Link Cameras in Eastleigh yesterday and noticed that they still
have a pre-loved OM3 body for sale.  I had a "full frontal" view of it in
the cabinet, and it seemed to be in good condition -- it had the usual two
areas of brassing where the strap fixings rub the body, but apart from those
there seemed to be no other marks.  However, I could not see the back or
underside of the camera (the film memo holder on the back of OM's often
loses paint).

They also had some Zuikos, but nothing exotic: 24mm f2.8, 35mm f2.8, 100mm
f2.8, 135mm f3.5.  The 100mm was obviously well-used, but the other three
lenses seemed only lightly used.

Link Cameras got this OM3 about 4-5 months ago, and as they have not sold it
yet, they might be open to an offer if you are interested.  They want 350 UK
pounds for the OM3 (body only -- no lens).  I have just had a flip though a
November issue of the UK weekly magazine "Amateur Photographer";  Ffordes
have an OM3 in excellent plus condition for 500 UK pounds, and Nicholas have
various OM3's ranging from 425 to 600 UK pounds, with one in "superlative"
condition at 800 UK pounds.  As far as I can tell, these are all OM3's, not
OM3Ti's.

If you are interested, give Link Cameras a ring and ask them to describe the
OM3 to you in detail (don't rely on my description!); their number is:
+44 (0) 23 8065 2076

For those of you in the UK, Eastleigh (or "beastly Eastleigh" as it is
humorously known to its inhabitants) is located on the M3 motorway midway
between Southampton and Winchester.  It is also one of the stops on the fast
trains from London Waterloo to Southampton.

-- from Cy in the UK