Re: [OM] Re: Dipping our Toe Into Digital (LONG)

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Dipping our Toe Into Digital (LONG)
From: "Wayne Culberson" <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2002 17:19:59 -0400
> I think film will be viable until disposable cameras are converted to
> digital and every film processor has a digital printing system that
> will take anyone's memory card. The economy of scale for film will
> then be lost and it will become a very expensive boutique product.
> Winsor Crosby
> Long Beach, California

We had some relatives stay with us overnight, on their way to Grandma's
house for the holidays. They were using two cameras for their trip, both
Kodak disposables complete with T Max and flash, and were quite happy. I
questioned them a little, and they seem quite satisfied with past results,
and have no intention of switching to digital :-) I think we may forget how
many like them there are out there.
The problem is however, do millions of disposable film cameras do anything
to keep slide film alive?
Wayne