[OM] The mexapixel vs. image quality discussion

Subject: [OM] The mexapixel vs. image quality discussion
From: Stephen Scharf <scharfsj@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2002 00:46:31 -0800
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2002 09:07:09 -0000
From: "IanG" <I@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [OM] Photoshop curves and unsharp

OM content.... I use one :-)

Last night I started reading a magazine to discover that I don't know how to
use curves and unsharp properly. I've discovered how to set black and white
points with curves and the difference to a few of my pix is startling.

Now I strongly suspect I've been using unsharp mask badly, which could go a
long way to explain lots of 'grain' in my prints. Does anybody have a simple
approach / guide to using unsharp?

Ian,
I like Fred Miranda's FMIntellisharpen Pro...about 12 bucks from www.fredmiranda.com

-Stephen